Angola onshore oil blocks requests bids for 10 onshore oil blocks

Angola Mozambique Collaboration
                               Angola

2015-07-20) Angola’s state oil firm Sonangol on Monday requested prequalified bidders to submit bids for ten onshore oil blocks as Africa’s second largest crude exporter aims to open up new exploration opportunities.

U.S. oil major Chevron, Italy’s ENI, commodities trader Glencore and Portugal’s GALP were among the prequalified companies who could operate the blocks, Sonangol said in a press release.

Bid proposals must be submitted by September 18.

Sonangol said last year that the 10 blocks may hold, on average, reserves of 700,000 barrels of oil each. The government puts Angola’s total reserves at just under 13 billion barrels.

Operators will need to work with Angolan companies as the government seeks to increase local ownership of its resources.

Seven of the new blocks are in the Kwanza basin and three in the Congo Basin.

Angola currently produces around 1.7 million barrels per day of crude oil from large offshore fields developed by oil majors, including Chevron, Total, Exxon and BP.

Source: Reuters

Gal Despachos Aduaneiros en Maputo  |  Clearing Agent in Mozambique | Top Website | http://www.galclearing.com
The Leader in Oil & Gas Industry Mozambique |  Hydrocarbon Logistics Centre |  The Pemba Logistics Base |  Nigerian company Orlean Invest  |  Portos de Cabo Delgado (PCD) | Top News Website

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s